Thursday, August 4, 2011

Childhood dreams come true...

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade, a girl named Kelly invited me to go with her to the New Kids on the Block concert in Oklahoma City. I don't remember much about her other than that she had red hair, and she wasn't always nice to me. BUT...she invited me and I wanted to go SOOO bad. My mom, however, being the amazing mother that she is, recognized that this probably wasn't the greatest idea. So...I couldn't go. I came to understand why she made that decision, but I always wished that I could have seen NKOTB in concert.

Fast forward almost 2 decades, and I end up with an impromptu trip back to Tulsa. My sister Christine texts me the day before I'm headed home, and asks if I want to go to the New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys concert!!! HELLO!!! YES!!!

My other sis, Lara, was supposed to go with her, but she was filming a movie (I love that I can say that!) and wasn't able to go, so I got the ticket!!

So as soon as I got into town, I cleaned myself up, gave hugs to mom and dad, stopped by to visit Mindi for a few minutes, and off we were to the concert. I didn't even realize how excited I was about the concert until I was sitting in my seat covered in goosebumps.

I have been to quite a few concerts in my life. Concerts and traveling are my entertainment of choice. BUT I have never been to a concert that was as loud as the NKOTBSB concert. The 20 something to 30 something women in the BOK were out of control! It was SOOO loud and SOOO fun! I definitely added to the decibel level in there. :)

 I'll add some videos of the concert soon!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, JennR! This is so funny... I wound up going to the concert with Kelly in OKC! I don't remember much other than that it was my first concert I'd ever been to and our seats were really high up. Also, Kelly wouldn't stop talking about wanting to go see the group Wilson Phillips. I couldn't believe she was talking about them while we were at NKOTB! WHat could be cooler than NKOTB, righT? Sounds like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheyenne! That is AWESOME! I just love that you got to go to the concert way back then. Your sweet Gia is SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete