Saturday, June 25, 2011

Well...here it goes...

I've never been much of a writer, but I wanted a way to keep track of all of my new adventures in life and share them with my friends and family. So here it is!!! My new blog! I'm sure that some of you are shocked that I'm doing this and to be honest, I am too. :)

My adventure began with packing up everything I own and stuffing it into a 14 foot U-Haul truck. I couldn't have done it by myself. Thanks to a bunch of friends, the process took only 2 hours...with a break for pizza. (Thanks Mom!) To my friends who helped...thank you SOOO much! You all are such blessings in my life!

After the truck was loaded, I had fun learning how to drive a semi. Well, it wasn't really a semi but it sure felt like one. A 14 foot truck pulling a full trailer with my car behind is as close as I'll ever get.

For my last night in town, Mindi, Amy, Naphtali and I went to a Hillsong United worship night at the BOK. It was a wonderful night of worship and the best way to end my time in Tulsa. For those of you who know my celebrity crush...I was also excited to see Joel Houston. He's still cute even though his hair is longer than mine.

On Saturday morning, more friends came to help with the last few details and brought Buckys (Starbucks) and Chick-fil-A for breakfast. The goal was to leave by 8am...we left around 9:30. Naphtali, Madame Blueberry (my hydrangea) and I left for the open road and new adventures in Colorado.
 More adventures to come soon...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! And...I'm so excited to hear about all of your new and upcoming adventures. Love the blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog idea... i hope you are better at it than i am :)

    Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled you got there safely. So happy you didn't forget us. Getting the girls to sleep. Will be back shortly.
    Love ya lady.
    Roxy keeps asking about ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to let us in on your adventure! I look forward to seeing Colorado with you! We need pics of your apartment!

    ReplyDelete